Tuesday, June 9, 2009

And He Gave Me To You By Christine Quiroga

And He Gave Me To You
By Christine Quiroga

Ever wonder why you're the lucky one?
The one who came to be?
The oh so very lucky one,
Who was chosen to care for me?
It may not be obvious sometimes,
But you have all I need.
I need someone with patience.
I need someone who is kind.
I need someone who is strong
And not quick to loose their mind.
I need someone who is special.
Someone very special indeed.
I need someone who will care,
Someone to care for me.
You may never know my thoughts.
You may never know my voice.
Just please be reassured,
That was not my choice.
God knew what he was doing
When he gave me to you.
He knew you could handle me.
He knew what you could do.
You see, I am very special.
Someone very special indeed.
I need someone who will care
Someone to care for me.
I know that I am not perfect.
And that I make you cry.
That was not my intent, I'm just your little guy.
One day you will know me.
The way you want to know
But for now I'm just me
No matter how hard that may be
But I am a special person.
Someone very special indeed.
You'll never know how glad I am
That God gave you to me.
You see you are not the lucky one
The lucky one is me.